The Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion, 7401 Delmar, University City, MO is seeking an Organist. The Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion is a welcoming and diverse community seeking to walk in the way of Jesus and to reveal Christ’s reconciling love in our city, nation, and world.
Time and Payment
- 12-month part-time agreement
- Compensation based on experience; salary based on a 10-hour work week. (Inclusive of all extra rehearsals and services. Also inclusive of the summer season when the Choir does not rehearse.)
- Vacation, substitutes, and other considerations are negotiable.
- Comfort and dexterity in accompanying a variety of musical styles from traditional
- Anglican hymnody and chant, to contemporary pop, to Gospel.
- Ability to accurately play piano and organ from printed scores
- Mastery of organ techniques, including detailed registration and playing with full
- Choral rehearsal and accompanying experience, including the ability to play vocal parts in open score format
- Fluency with digital communication, and willingness to utilize church’s communication systems.
- Schedule tuning/maintenance of pianos and organs in the chapel, choir room, and sanctuary.
- Share responsibility for the music library and the musical instruments of the Parish.
- Actively assist in the recruitment of vocalists and instrumentalists
- Participate in occasional meetings as assigned.
- First Right of Refusal for all weddings, funerals, and other liturgical events at Holy Communion
- Coordinate substitutes in coordination with the Director of Music.
- Occasionally lead choral warmups, sectionals, or other rehearsals as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Rector and Director of Music.
- Collaborate with the Director of Music with video production for online worship services, if necessary.
At the discretion of the Rector and under supervision of the Director of Music, you will be involved as a pastor, as an educator and as the principal keyboard accompanist of the Parish.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Mary Chapman, Director of Music at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com