Eden United Church of Christ in Affton, MO is seeking a Music Director that will lead and grow the congregation in our music ministry. We believe that person needs to be enthusiastic and a visionary who has gifts and skills in choral music education and direction. Accompaniment skills are an important secondary concern.
Enhance the workshop service by the following:
- Set a worshipful tone with organ and/or piano music.
- Support the congregation in singing hymns and responses
- Lead the choir or a soloist in special music
- Continue to develop a variety of music and performance groups for all seasons
- Integrate a keyboard when possible and appropriate
- Coordinate a chime choir
- Coordinate a children’s choir
- Coordinate an annual seasonal cantata
- Play gathering music before worship
Rehearse and direct choir as follows:
- September – May (Mixed Adult Voices)
- June, July and August – Recruit and arrange for special music during the choir’s absence
- Set guidelines for rehearsal attendance and participation on Sunday
Participate in annual reviews with Personnel Committee.
Attend Worship and Music Team meeting monthly
The Music Director is responsible for securing his/her substitute musician when on vacation or unavailable.
The Music Director shall be hired by the church council officers with input from the pastor and is accountable to the pastor.
Adequate knowledge of use of the Organ and Piano.
Plays the organ and piano proficiently.
Flexibility and personable nature to work with various types of people.
a. Interacts well with children
Schedule is negotiable but there is a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Requires good organizational skills.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary to commensurate with experience and skills. A separate honorarium is customary for weddings and funerals.
Vacation and sick leave to be discussed during interview.