THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF WASHINGTON (www.presbywashmo.org) is seeking an accompanist for a part-time position on Sunday mornings and other special services throughout the year. This individual should have the ability to play both the organ & piano.
- To prepare and play organ or piano music for worship service. This includes selecting music in consultation with the pastor for the prelude, offertory, and postlude, and accompaniment for hymns that are selected by the pastor.
- To accompany the choir and other musicians or vocalists as they perform regularly scheduled music.
- To accompany the choir and other musicians or vocalists as they rehearse (usually prior to worship).
- To play for special services such as Ash Wednesday, Christmas Eve and Maundy Thursday as requested by Session.
- To prepare and play appropriate music for private events such as weddings and funerals. (paid separately)
- To rehearse sufficiently for optimum performance of regularly scheduled music.
- To consult with the Worship & Music Committee regarding organ/piano tuning and needed repairs.
- Previous accompanying experience required.
- Previous vocal choir and bell choir directing a plus, but not required.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the pastor and the chairman of Personnel Committee. The Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation.
- Two paid Sundays off per calendar year.
- Compensation negotiable.
To apply send your resume to:
The Presbyterian Church of Washington
Attn: Patrick Gruber
4834 South Point Road
Washington, MO 63090
Or e-mail your resume and/or any questions to email@example.com.