Westminster Presbyterian Church is seeking a Worship Music Coordinator. A theologically progressive, multi-cultural, multi-racial congregation seeks a Worship Musician/Worship Music Coordinator to create a new role. We are open to diverse musical styles and approaches. We have a pipe organ, a grand piano, and an electronic keyboard on site as well as some percussion instruments, 3 octaves of handbells with several willing and experienced ringers, and a small, experienced choir as well as some vocal and instrumental soloists in the congregation. We would encourage you to use any and all of the above as you see opportunities within the worship experiences that the pastor and worship musician will collaborate on weekly. The position is expected to be 20-25 hours per week and could be flexible to more or less hours as the role is created. Compensation is competitive and negotiable.
Weekly duties include but are not limited to:
- Choosing music for weekly worship services
- Playing music in worship and/or organizing musicians – both volunteer and professional – to play in weekly worship services
- Collaborating with the pastor/head of staff in planning worship
- With the Worship, Music and the Arts Committee, creating and managing the worship music budget
- Overseeing the maintenance of church’s musical instruments
- Overseeing the hiring of any professional musicians as needed/desired
- Managing copyright responsibilities and necessary licenses for in person and online worship
To inquire or apply, please email Pastor Mark Miller at email@example.com.