First Presbyterian Church of Kirkwood, Missouri, is seeking a part-time (15 hours per week) Music Associate/Assistant Organist. First Presbyterian Church has a long-standing tradition of excellent music in both worship and concert, and this position will support our vibrant Music Ministry.
First Presbyterian has a 2013 Casavant pipe organ (61 stops/76 ranks), a 2007 Martin Ott pipe organ (one manual, 11 ranks), outstanding facilities, and an annual concert series. We also host several concerts for the community throughout the year.
The Music Associate/Assistant Organist must be highly skilled in organ and piano playing/accompanying. Our growing and vibrant Music Ministry seeks someone with a wide range of gifts to assist the Director of Music Ministries. The ability to work with both youth and adults is vital. This individual must be self-motivated and flexible, ready to meet the demands of today’s church as we reemerge from Covid-19. A Bachelor’s degree in Music is required.
- Serve as rehearsal accompanist for the Chancel Choir (September through Pentecost)
- Accompany the Chancel Choir during worship on Sunday mornings
- Serve as organist for memorial services and weddings when needed and as arranged with the Director of Music Ministries
- Serve as organist for the Christmas Concert
- Serve as organist for the Good Friday noon choral performance
- Serve as Chancel Choir director in the Director of Music Ministries’ absence
Vacation and study leave are included.
Annual salary: $28,000.00
Please submit a resume to Bill Stein, Director of Music Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Posted April 20, 2023