The ECS Publishing Group is seeking a part-time (20–25 hours) Associate in Publishing Rights. The Associate in Publishing Rights administers functions related to rights management of publications for the music publishing companies of ECS Publishing Group. This includes issuing contracts, maintaining licensing, publishing rights, and copyright requirements. Close relationships and strong communication with arts organizations and composers is essential. Responsibilities are:
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the use of ECS copyrights.
- Manage the administration and invoicing of publishing rights, including regular reporting to all licensing agencies and issuing of mechanical, synchronization, and reprint licenses.
- Register copyrights and coordinate the flow of contracts related to new publications.
- Manage composer information and royalty entry.
- Maintain archive of programs and rights correspondence.
- Monitor department statistics, creating analytical reports for rights.
The position requires a college degree and the ability to learn quickly. A successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively over the phone and in writing, excellent computer skills, some comfort with negotiation, strong math skills, and the ability to read, write, and understand contracts.
Work hours are Monday through Friday with some flexibility.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to:
ECS Publishing Group
Attn: Human Resources
1727 Larkin Williams Rd.
Fenton, MO 63026