St. John United Church of Christ in St. Charles, Missouri is seeking a part-time Organist/Pianist. Located in the heart of St. Charles, St. John is a vibrant and welcoming congregation with a rich history of excellence in music and a strong support for the Music Ministry.
St. John UCC is seeking an experienced, team oriented professional with a passion for sacred music and a heart for Christ. This person will be responsible for playing both the organ and piano during all worship services, accompanying the choirs during rehearsal and performance, helping to plan and coordinate the St. John Concert Series, and offering support to the rest of the music and pastoral staff. During the program year, our choirs rehearse weekly and perform regularly during Sunday morning services, annual Christmas and Good Friday Cantatas, and for other special events.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in music
- Minimum 5 years of experience in music ministry
- Advanced organ and piano skills
- Excellent sight reading skills and ability to play from a lead sheet
- Comfort in a wide variety of musical genres
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to participate in worship planning and work collaboratively in a team environment
Position estimated at 20 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to:
- Sarah Price, Director of Music and Worship Arts
- St. John United Church of Christ
- 405 South Fifth St.
- Saint Charles, MO 63301