The Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion is seeking an organist. This is a 12 month part-time agreement. Compensation based on experience, based on a 10-hour work week. (Inclusive of all extra rehearsals and services. Also inclusive of summer season when Choir does not rehearse.) Vacation, subs, and other considerations are negotiable.
At the discretion of the Rector and under supervision of the Director of Music, you will be involved as a pastor, as an educator and as the principal keyboard accompanist of the Parish.
- Comfort and dexterity in accompanying a variety of musical styles from traditional Anglican hymnody and chant, to contemporary pop, to Gospel.
- Ability to accurately play piano and organ from printed scores
- Mastery of organ techniques, including detailed registration and playing with full pedal board
- Choral rehearsal and accompanying experience, including the ability to play vocal parts in open score format
- Fluency with digital communication, and willingness to utilize church’s communication systems.
- Schedule tuning/maintenance of pianos and organs in the chapel, choir room, and sanctuary. Collaborate on the planning of an organ rehabilitation.
- Share responsibility for the music library and the musical instruments of the Parish.
- Actively assist in the recruitment of vocalists and instrumentalists
- Participate in occasional meetings as assigned.
- First Right of Refusal for all weddings, funerals, and other liturgical events at Holy Communion
- Coordinate substitutes in coordination with the Director of Music.
- Occasionally lead choral warm ups, sectionals, or other rehearsals as needed