First United Presbyterian Church in Belleville, Illinois is seeking a part-time Organist/Pianist. We are seeking an experienced, team-oriented professional with a passion for music. This person will be responsible for playing both the organ and piano during all worship services (Sundays 8:00 am & 10:30 am) accompanying the choir during rehearsals and performance, and offering support to the rest of the music and pastoral staff.
During the program year, Aug-May, our choir rehearses weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00-8:00pm. and performs regularly during Sunday morning services, and other special events. The church has two organs; Sanctuary – two manual/pedal 27 rank Martin Ott mechanical action pipe organ (1983); Chapel – two manual/pedal Allen Protégé.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in music (organ performance degree(s) preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in music ministry
- Advanced organ and piano skills
- Excellent sight-reading skills
- Comfort in a wide variety of musical genres
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to participate in worship planning and work collaboratively in a team environment
Position estimated at 20 hours per week. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to:
Chair, Personnel Committee
First United Presbyterian Church
1303 Royal Heights Road.
Belleville, IL 6222