The Music Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the Music Ministry at St. Paul. This is a part time position which includes leading and promoting congregational participation in singing during the Sunday morning worship services to enhance the overall spiritual experience and coordinating music with other music ministries of the church.
General Expectations are as follows:
- Varied musical background well versed in both Traditional and Contemporary Music, which includes the ability to play musical instruments such as organ, and/or piano and keyboard for worship and accompanying soloists, duets, etc. Experience in leading choirs/groups also is a plus.
- Work closely with the Pastor in planning worship services – will require attending regular planning sessions.
- Recruit, coordinate, and work closely with volunteers of adult, children’s and youth choirs with rehearsals as needed.
- In coordination with other music leaders, and consultation with Pastor, to plan for various choirs/groups to perform a minimum of once a month in both services, which, may include soloists, groups, or special music.
- Develop a continuing interest in the growth of overall music participation in the church (may include reviewing and bringing in outside talent to enhance the spiritual experiences of services).
- Will be required to play for special services as requested by Pastor for Easter, Lent, Christmas, etc. including presenting a Christmas cantata. May have opportunity to play at funerals and weddings.
- Permanent employment in this position will depend on successful 90 day probation and review by the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Job description and application available at www.stpaulwired.org. Send cover letter and resume to: Staff-Parrish Committee, St. Paul UMC, 10 N. Center St., East Alton, IL 62024 or email@example.com by May 1, 2018