First Congregational Church of Webster Groves is looking for an interim Choral Director and Organist as of 10/01/2018 through 12/30/2018*. The 150-year-old church is at 10 West Lockwood in Webster Groves and embraces a wide variety of musical styles. The interim person’s duties are:
1. Direct and rehearse the Bell Choir rehearsals on Thursday evenings from 6:15 to 7:30 pm. Also, direct Bell Choir at Sunday services once a month. Sunday services are 10:00 to 11:00 am with a preliminary practice one hour before services.
2. Direct and rehearse the Chancel Choir rehearsals on Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 9:00 pm. The Chancel Choir sings at Sunday Services on most Sundays when the Bell Choir is not performing.
3. Personal preparation of organ, Bell Choir, and Chancel Choir music. There will be some limited coordination with the minister and office staff to select and publish music to be used and included in the weekly bulletin. The weekly time commitment is 8 – 10 hours/week.
4. Special services are added for Thanksgiving (11/22/2018) and Christmas Eve (12/24/2018).
5. If any other events (weddings, funerals, and memorial services) are added, there will be additional compensation negotiated.
6. Organ and/or piano accompaniment for all events listed above is needed. The organ is a Cassavant.
The compensation for this interim position is $1000/month.
*The interim person would also be considered for a full-time position (30 hours/week) at a higher salary level with a benefits package (to include health insurance and pension contribution).
To submit a resume please contact:
Chris von Weise at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include a resume, your background, and qualifications.