The Wisconsin Children’s Choir is dedicated to providing opportunities for youth to grow personally and musically as they integrate their talents within the community. WCC believes children build self-esteem by being recognized for learning and mastering challenging and diverse choral music. Choristers find their greatest rewards in sharing this music with their community and beyond.
The performances by the Wisconsin Children’s Choir have delighted audiences since 1992. These performances, touring and retreats have bonded our choristers in common goals and friendships, and made for many good times!
2017 Tour Repertoire List selections from the following list will be performed:
• Mata Del Anima Sola (Tree of the Lonely Soul – sung in Spanish) – Antonio Estevez/arr. Alberto Grau
• Hvalite imia Ghospodne (Praise the Name of the Lord – sung in Russian/Church Slavonic) – Pavel Chesnokov
• Ah! Si mon moine voulait danser (Ah! If my monk wanted to dance – sung in French) French Canadian folksong Arr. Donald Patriquin
• Hold On (Spiritual) Arr. Clifton J. Noble, Jr.
• Sun Spots (newly commissioned work for our 25th Anniversary) – Jason Kutz
• Peace – Martha Adler
• Shenandoah Arr. Carl J. Nygard, Jr.
• Will the Circle Be Unbroken (traditional Appalachian) Arr. J. David Moore
• No Time (Church camp meeting song/s) – Susan Brumfield
• I Have Had Singing – Ron Jeffers
• Echo Song (Italian Madrigal, sung in Italian) – Orlando di Lasso
• Libertango (vocal arrangement of instrumental Argentinian tango piece – no text) – Astor Piazzolla, Arr. Oscar Escalada
• Moanin’ Dove (Spiritual) arr. Robert Hugh
• Alleluia, Amen (Movement 4 from “The Place of the Blest”) – Randall Thompson
• Hymn to Freedom – Oscar Peterson
• Mouth Music (Celtic lilting song) – Delores Keane / John Faulkner
• Adoramus (We Adore Thee, Movement 2 of Three Sacred Choruses) – Johannes Brahms
• Overture to “The Magic Flute” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Arr. Arkadi Serper
• Even When He Is Silent – Kim Andre Arnesen
• Sahayta (multi-lingual, call and response audience participation song – theme of peace, community, togetherness) – Ben Allaway
• The Lord Bless You and Keep You – John Rutter