SAINT LOUIS AGO EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Monday, January 9, 2012
7:00 p.m., Trinity Presbyterian Church
6800 Washington Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63130
Dean: Henry Evans
Sub-Dean: (out due to illness)
Treasurer: Dennis York
Secretary: Cathy Cassy
Executive Committee Present: Nancy Barbee, Al Black, Bob Chamberlin, Dennis Doelling, Wes Kassulke, Chuck Peery, Nanette Tornbloom.
Absent: Rick Burck, John Cargile, David Erwin, Dawn Riske, Brent Johnson, Bruce Ludwick, Bob Mullgardt, Dawn Riske, Bill Wade, Rene Zajner
Call to Order: Dean Henry Evans called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Review of the Minutes: Minutes of the August 15, 2011 meeting were approved by motion of Wes Kassulke and seconded by Bob Chamberlin.
Minutes of the November 14, 2011 meeting were approved, with changes by a motion from Chuck Peery and seconded by Al Black, regarding the by-laws.
Treasurer’s Report: Report approved through motion by Bob Chamberlin and seconded by Nannette Tornblom
- $19,025.98 – Total Liabilities and Equity
Dean’s Report: No report due to illness.
Program Committee Report: The next program will be at the January 23, 2012 meeting at the Cathedral Basilica featuring Gere Hancock coaching three guild members in works by Sowerby and Mendelssohn.
OPUS Newsletter Report: Billing for Opus adds should go through Henry and Nancy Barbee.
- February deadline is January 15.
- Rates for the Opus ads and directory will be sent by email to the board. There is a discount for taking an add in both the Opus and the AGO directory.
Executive Board Elections Report:
- The ballot for election of AGO executive board members will go out in April. List of candidates will be presented at the March meeting by committee chair Cathy Cassy and committee members Bruce Ludwick, Nannette Tornblom.
Avis Blewett Award Nominations: Bring ideas and possible candidate names to the March 12th meeting for a decision to be made.
- Slight changes need to be made in the by-laws in section X letters b and e referring to the Avis Blewett Award. The changes were approved with motion from Dennis York and seconded by Wes Kassulke. Chuck Peery will review the by-laws to ensure the correct copy is posted on the website.
- A verification of the motion, passed at the September meeting, was made that the Board approved the payment of certification fees to those members who successfully complete the AGO certification process.
- List of 100 organ pieces to be published in March. Due Date February 15. Intent is to send out the list not only to members but to all church organists in the area with an invitation to join the Chapter.
- Centennial Collection discussion thoughts included having a competition to write the 100 year Celebration Anthem with the possibility that the guild could be the publishing company.
Motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:57 was made by Dennis York and seconded by Chuck Peery.
Future Executive Board Meetings:
Cathy Cassy, Secretary